What Questions Should I ask Safeco Insurance Water Damage Specialists?

If you are dealing with flood damage, then you are no doubt familiar with the hassle and time that it can take to resolve your insurance claim.  There are some questions you can ask your Safeco Insurance water damage specialists that can make the process much more bearable.  When you stay informed and are on top of the situation, it will be much easier to handle everything else that is on your plate after a flood.

The first question that you will likely want to ask your insurance company is “How long will it take to settle my claim?”  The answer to this question will vary depending on who your insurance company is and how extensive the damage is.  Some homeowners have their claim resolved with a few months, while others may find themselves waiting years for their money.  The length of time you have to wait is typically determined by the total dollar amount of the damage, how long it takes to submit your claim and the company you are dealing with.

Another important question that homeowners typically have when filing a flood damage insurance claim is “How do I go about getting my property cleaned up?  Who is responsible for the cost?”  Cleanup after a flood can be pretty pricey depending on how bad the damage is, however, many insurance policies will include cleanup coverage.  Be sure to ask about the specific limits for this in your policy, as not all flood insurance policies are the same.

Finally, homeowners who are dealing with the aftermath of a flood should ask about temporary housing if their home has extensive flood damage.  Some insurance carriers will arrange for housing as soon as you are displaced, but only if the damage will impact your ability to be in your home for at least a week or so.  This varies from company to company, so be sure to ask for specifics from your agent if you have experienced a flood.


How to Work with Allstate, Farmers or Safeco Insurance Water Damage Specialists When it Comes to Your Home

There is often confusion when it comes to what types of water damage are covered by a homeowner’s insurance policy.  In general, most homeowners policies don’t cover flood damage, but they do cover other types of water damage in Orange County, including damage caused by water that has come in through a broken window or from moisture that has collected due to leaky pipe in your basement.  However the water damage in your home occurred, it’s important to work with your local Safeco Insurance water damage specialists or other insurance company if you are filing a claim for the repairs.  It can be complicated to resolve these types of situations yourself, but when you follow the right process, you can make the process much easier and much faster to resolve.

You may not think that there is a lot of water damage to your home after an incident has occurred and you’ve had a chance to assess the damage yourself, but your insurance agent can help determine just how much damage has occurred and how much of the repairs will be covered by your homeowners insurance policy.  It’s important to have your home inspected by your insurance company, since it’s easy to miss areas of damage with an untrained eye, and you want to make sure that everything is documented in the final report.

Cleaning up and having repairs made after water damage has occurred can be very tricky when it comes to working with the insurance companies, so the easiest thing for homeowners to do is to contact their insurance company right away to see exactly what kinds of damage are covered and how they should file a claim.  Since the process varies from company to company, be sure to check with yours before taking any action, as this will ensure that you get the benefits that you deserve.